Naturopathy is a form of medicine that uses natural remedies such as herbs and dietary changes to restore health. It is based on the belief that the body has an innate ability to heal itself. Naturopathy can benefit the body, mind, and soul by restoring balance and well-being.
One of the key principles of naturopathy is promoting prevention and encouraging healthy lifestyle choices. This can lead to long-term benefits for physical health, mental well-being, and emotional balance.
Naturopathic treatment plans are individualized and may include a variety of natural therapies such as nutrition guidance, herbal medicine, homeopathy, and stress management techniques.
Proponents of naturopathy believe in treating the whole person and addressing the underlying causes of illness rather than just targeting symptoms. This holistic approach can lead to lasting improvements in overall well-being.
If you are looking for natural ways to improve your health and well-being, consider consulting a naturopathic practitioner. They can provide personalized guidance and support on your journey toward optimal health and well-being.
Osmond Saint’s founder Jay had the pleasure of interviewing a long-term friend and personal Natropath – Bronwen Cope from Cope Naturopathy. Bronwen is one of Australia’s leading Natural Health Practitioners, specializing in digestive health, skin conditions, and hormonal imbalances.
Bronwen shared her thoughts on the benefits of naturopathy for the body, mind, and soul. The following interview with Bronwen will help you understand how to better promote well-being, common issues she sees in patients, daily health non-negotiables, and advice on stress management.
1. What does wellness mean to you, and how does it help the body, mind, and soul?
“Wellness is having the body in an alkaline state where it is constantly regenerating and having all the elements of the mind, body, and soul integrated, aligned, and working together for the same purpose. It is then that the body, mind, and soul are in balance and harmony: When we have this, we are able to fully express who we truly are. We are able to be our full potential.”
2. What are the most common health issues presented to you?
“Every health issue that I see is always linked to toxicity from acids, chemicals, and heavy metals. It begins with the acid building up in the body due to diet, water, the air we breathe, what we put on our skin, and lifestyle. When this happens, the body has to use every available resource to keep the correct pH levels, and so either breaks down cells to buffer the acids or stores and locks away the acids, chemicals, and heavy metals away in the genetically weakest tissue in the body. This makes the tissues weaker and creates an environment where viruses, bacteria, and parasites thrive. The build-up of acids, chemicals, and heavy metals means that the body degenerates instead of regenerates.”
3. What are your daily health and wellness non-negotiables for a healthier lifestyle and self?
“Because the build-up of acids, chemicals, and heavy metals triggers every health issue that we know, it is so important to ensure that we minimize those things by drinking filtered alkaline and ionized water every day, eating organic foods, eat a diet where 80% of every meal is salad or slightly steamed veg, nuts, seeds, and oils and use clean beauty products wherever it is possible.
Often that still isn’t enough to achieve and maintain an alkaline environment as there are chemicals and heavy metals that we cannot avoid and, of course, stress will increase acid levels also. So I think it is important to take a supplement that is high in chlorophyll such as marine algae, spirulina or wheat grass.
Doing all these things every day will help to ensure that we keep regenerating our body and improving our health”
4. At Osmond Saint, our products use natural ingredients like sea algae, cucumber, chamomile, aloe vera, green tea, and Gotu Kola. These ingredients are well known for their healing and rejuvenating effects on the body, mind, and soul — what are your thoughts?
“(all of those things in the osmond saint range have healing and rejuvenating effects for the skin, mind, body and soul.
Cucumber is high in antioxidants and so helps to protect the skin from damage and helps to restore damaged skin.
It helps to hydrate the skin, maintain the pH of the skin, and acts as an anti-inflammatory and an astringent – meaning that it helps to tighten the skin and pores. Also helps to regulate oil production.
Chamomile is calming and soothing – meaning that it is helpful to reduce redness and inflammation. It also can help to tighten the skin and reduce pigmentation. It also has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal qualities.
Aloe vera helps to hydrate the skin. It also stimulates the production of hydraulic acid.
Green tea helps to prevent oxidative damage to the skin.
Gotu Kola boosts the formation of collagen and skin tissue.
Sea algae is well known for its benefits of regenerating and hydrating the skin. It is believed that the antiaging properties of marine algae come from its inhibiting enzymes that break down collagen in the skin. It also helps to protect from damage of the skin cells with its high levels of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory qualities.”
5. What is your advice to people in this day and age? With the myriad of stimuli, such as technology, media, and unhealthy food choices, how does one manage the effects of stress and turn inward to discover wellness, peace, and inspiration?
“3 things I recommend!
1. Identify and live with, by, and through your values in every moment and movement of your life – that is what being the change you want to see in the world means… and when you do that, it will be reflected back to you, and you will experience more and more “good” and amazing and beautiful things in your life.
2. Do what inspires you every day – whatever that is. If you don’t know what inspires you, write a list of 10 things every day that inspire you – it might be as simple as sitting outside in the sun and having a cup of tea. It doesn’t matter what it is, do something little every day that inspires you…. The more you identify and do what inspires you, the more that you will identify what inspires you. And remember, we cannot be stressed and inspired at the same time! Startby recognizing and doing the little things that inspire you, you will begin to be able to recognize the bigger things that inspire you.
3. If a door opens and it inspires you, walk through it! If it doesn’t open, it is just the “wrong” door….it has no other meaning; Just keep knocking on doors until one opens – the one that opens and inspires you is the “right” one for you! Keep knocking on the door and walking through the ones that open …… the ones that open are the ones for you!
Doing these three things will put you on the path that will lead you to fulfill your life purpose. Life will become more amazing than you could ever imagine!”
Final Thoughts About Naturopathy
Naturopathy offers a holistic approach to well-being and healthy living. It combines traditional healing practices with modern science, emphasizing the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
By incorporating naturopathic principles such as nutrition, exercise, stress management, and natural remedies into your daily routine, you can experience improved physical and emotional health. So why not try it and see how naturopathy can benefit your body, mind, and soul?
Remember, the journey to well-being is unique to each individual. Your naturopathic practitioner will work with you to create a personalized plan to help you reach optimal health and well-being.
Osmond Saint Skincare Products
Looking for a range of natural skincare products to keep your skin looking and feeling its best? Look no further than Osmond Saint’s Marine Collagen Hydrating Serum and Revitalising Mist. What goes on your skin should be just as important to you as what goes in your body. That’s why our natural skincare products are formulated with the wisdom of Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda to help create balance and calm for your skin. We use only the best superfood ingredients in our formulations so that you can feel confident about what you’re putting on your skin.
Natural ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Cucumber Essence, Marine Sea Algae, Chamomile, Rose Quartz, and Calendula make for a calming skin experience. You can harness your divine inner power with these essential ingredients.